If you have strong people skills, you can get a 100,000+ annual salary without even going to high school! I know it sounds crazy, but the innate ability to connect with people and make them feel comfortable often has a massive price tag. There are dozens of jobs that really reward this skill set and since people skills can’t really be taught in a classroom setting, the employers for these jobs couldn’t care less about your lack of education. At a certain point during your career however, some companies require a degree in order to continue to move up the corporate ladder. If that situation does occur you can always cross that bridge when you get to it.
Top Jobs that Require People Skills but No High School Diploma or College Degree
- Human Resources. Often times you’ll need a degree to land a human resources job in a big company. However if your manager notices that you do a good job of dealing with employee’s in the office and your generally well liked, this can often result in a transition into an HR role. This job pays fairly well and involves resolving disputes, doing office demonstrations about work policy’s, and setting policy’s.
- Private Detective. This job requires a certain level of people skills but in a very different way than these other jobs. It requires “street smarts”, i.e the ability to read peoples thoughts feelings and emotions. If you have served jail time in your past, have worked in law enforcement or the military, or you just feel you possess this skill, becoming a private detective can be a very well paying solution.
- Waiter at a High Priced Restaurant. This is generally the first job people think of when seeking jobs that don’t require people skills or education. Waiters at expensive restaurants can make a pretty considerable sum, sometimes as high as $50 per hour. It requires the ability to deal with unhappy customers, good memory, multi tasking, and of course people skills.
- Casino Dealer. If you have anything on your criminal record, this is probably not the job for you. Dealers are thoroughly screened to ensure they can be trusted as a typical dealer will handle several thousnads of dollars of chips in a single day, sometimes tends of thousands. Strong people skills can help you land huge tips at the tables making this a very lucrative opportunity.
- Real Estate Agent. This is the most lucrative job you can get that largely depends on your people skills. You can easily run an entire real estate business solely based on referrals without doing any type of marketing. Strong people skills can help you build further business through word of mouth and lock in sales on your current clients.
There are dozens of high paying jobs that rely solely on your people skills while there are thousands more that require a combination of people skills and education. If the job you’ve got your eye on requires both, you might just want to just bite the bullet and pursue your degree. Regardless of what you choose to do, if your unemployed or going to school, it’s really helpful to have a stream of income coming in on the side. Doing online paid surveys are a fantastic way to make this happen. It doesn’t require a ton of people skills but can really help bring in a much needed few hundred dollars per month when your struggling for cash.